Daily performances in two arenas deliver unbeatable variety from world class jumping to innovative theatrical displays, captivating visitors young and old. The World’s Most Famous Horse Show – 65,000 spectators don’t make the annual pilgrimage for anything less!
Are you looking for a platform to promote your business, an ideal opportunity to generate sales in our Retail Village, or do you want to capitalise on the magnificent views from our corporate hospitality enclosure? Horse of the Year Show can deliver a whole spectrum of commercial opportunities.
Horse of the Year Show in numbers:
• 12 hours of live peak time coverage and 45 hours of programming on Sky Sports
• 250 trade stands
• 1,600 horses
• 1,700 VIP guests
• 12,000 official programmes sold
• £10.8 million economic impact on local community*
• 96% of visitors come from outside Birmingham
Media and Marketing:
• 200 members of the press in attendance
• 1.3 million public leaflets produced annually
• 1.8 million views on website each year
• Over 60,000 Facebook fans and growing daily
• 5,000 Horse of the Year Show related articles in the press each year reaching a readership of approx 102 million people (Durrants).
Corporate Social Responsibility:
• Horse of the Year Show is a major supporter of the UK’s equestrian industry and to encourage broader appeal of the sport, we offer disadvantaged children the opportunity to attend the show."This trip gave the children a feeling of being really special, something they just don’t have anywhere else in their lives" Rachel Medill Chairman of Ride High Charity. Every year we select a number of charities to support, both on a local and national level, other examples include The Brooke Hospital for Animals, and Riding for the Disabled Association.
The UK's biggest indoor equestrian event boasts a line-up of first-class entertainment and a shopping experience to match.
Visitors to Horse of the Year Show can enjoy a fantastic shopping experience whichever performance they choose to attend. With a huge variety of goods and services on sale among the 250 exhibitors, there is something for everyone and unlimited choice for you and your horse! A very comfortable shopping experience awaits visitors who will benefit from the improved show layout including, wider shopping aisles and the extensive range of visitor attractions on offer. Added Retail Village attractions include new catering facilities, the ever-popular Equine Feature Area where visitors can come face to face with a variety of different horse and pony breeds and Rider Signings with top competitors such as The Whitakers (Ellen, Robert, William, John and Michael), Tim Stockdale, Ben Maher and Geoff Billington.
Why not have a look at our Jubilee Journal Highlights to see what people thought of HOYS.
The Retail Village opens at 9am - Closing times will vary throughout the Show days.
All day shopping at HOYS
Visitors who wish to make the most out of the vast shopping facilities at HOYS can add another day to their visit with a Shopping Only ticket, available on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Shopping Only tickets allow visitors access to the Retail Village, to shop at their leisure without missing any of the action in the ring!
On Saturday and Sunday, both daytime and evening ticket holders may access the Retail Village all day.
For large bulky purchases there will be a collection point within the Show. Once an item is purchased it may be deposited at the Collection Point (for a £1 fee) in exchange for a collection ticket and retrieved at the end of the performance thus enabling visitors to enjoy a more hassle free shopping experience.
Complimentary Pushchair Parks are provided whilst children are watching the Show from their seats (Pushchairs may not be stored in the seating block entrances). Locations will be advised upon entry to the show.
Over six days, 65,000 visitors are drawn into the Retail Village hoping to discover that elusive item they can’t find anywhere else, that lavish gift for someone special or a treat for themselves! With a distinctive mix of luxury and familiar items displayed, there really is something for everyone.
As one of the 250 exhibitors you will be conveniently located between the show’s two arenas with excellent through flow of the passionate, loyal and affluent audience ready to spend an average of £200 each.
Do you want the opportunity to generate sales from a captive audience? The Horse of the Year Show Retail Village offers exhibitors a lucrative commercial platform which will set hearts racing.
• Generate sales and quality leads for your business from a captive audience
• 75% of visitors are female
• Develop and drive brand awareness for your company
• Interact with the affluent and loyal audience
• 63% of visitors are wealthy achievers and prosperous professionals
• Our key customers are defined as being those who take two or more holidays a year and own three or more cars
• Showcase or sample your products to directly engage with your target market in a retail focused environment
• Gather customer feedback and carry out market research
• In excess of £6 million is spent in the Retail Village so maximise your marketing budget with immediate return on investment
What we offer you
• The UK’s flagship equestrian event attracting sell out crowds over six days
• 74% of exhibitors return to the show each year
• The number & type of exhibitors in each retail sector are planned carefully to maximise sales
• Complimentary website link and entry in the official programme
• Secure parking
• Exhibitor lounge
• Onsite living facilities
• Dedicated exhibition manager to manage logistics and onsite queries
What we offer customers
• All day uninterrupted shopping from 9.00am until 9.30pm
• 250 retail outlets
• Exciting new products/collections
• Extensive dining and bar facilities
• Collection point for bulky purchases
• Daily celebrity/rider signings
• Shopping only tickets available