17th December 2009
Most businesses have a wide range of uses for a magnetic whiteboard, which is why most companies who use these unique boards have numerous boards, in a variety of sizes located throughout their organisations. Once you’ve decided that your organisation will benefit from these unique boards, you will have to determine exactly what is needed. Here is some information to help you make your selection, or selections.
● What size should your boards be? The size of the boards will largely depend on the amount of space that you have. What you should realise, however, is that there are different style of boards. There are boards that look and operate just as portable chalkboards do, which are on casters, there are boards that hang on the wall, and there are even boards that can be used as walls themselves. Get the size that you need, and the chances are good that you will easily find the space for it.
● What materials should be used in the construction of your magnetic whiteboard? These boards can be constructed of melamine, steel, aluminium, glass, magnetic glass, porcelain, enamel-on-steel, or hard coat laminate. Obviously, different materials have different prices, and you will want to refer to your budget, but because these boards seldom have to be replaced – if they are of high quality to begin with – realise that this will most likely be a one time expense.
● How many boards do you need? Most businesses require more than one white board. You will want one or more for your conference room. If you have a large organisation, you might want smaller boards for individual offices or cubicles. Remember that a variety of sizes, shapes, and styles are available to suit every purpose within your organisation, as well as the amount of space that you have.
● How exactly will your magnetic whiteboard be used? This is very important in determining what you get. Will the boards just be used during meetings? Will individual employees have use of smaller boards in their space? Will your design team need numerous boards for different projects? Consider this carefully, but realise that you can always purchase more boards as the need for those boards become evident.
● Where will the boards be placed? Again, finding space for these white boards isn’t usually difficult, however, where they will be placed often determines which type of white board you purchase in the first place. Consider your space carefully, and order your white boards accordingly, making special note of exact measurements, including the height and thickness requirements.
As you can see, there is much to consider. However, if you can fully answer these questions, you will have a very clear idea as to exactly what is needed for your magnetic whiteboard, or boards if multiple white boards are needed. When it comes to these unique boards, realise that the possibilities are practically unlimited, and you really can get exactly what you need, if you shop in the right places.