18th March 2010
Enjoy a Rewarding Career with Conference Organiser Jobs
Conference Organiser Jobs is now a lucrative career, with many vying to obtain a posting in this field.
Conference Organiser Jobs is now a lucrative career, with many vying to obtain a posting in this field. These positions are known as Event Organisers, with its prime responsibility for the production of events from start to end. These events can include:
- Exhibitions and Fairs
- Promotions and Product Launches
- Fund Raising and Social Events
- And any other similar event
These positions are available in the public, private and non-profit sectors, as well as in event management companies. Some corporate institutions may have in-house event organisers or these persons with experience can even work freelance.
An immense amount of team work is required for Conference Organiser Jobs, and they should be able to complete a range of activities which will require clear communications and excellent organisational skills. They should be prepared to work under pressure and be able to produce a smooth, effective and successful event.
This field is unique as there is no clearly defined career path; it always varies from one organisation to another. Usually promotions will include the following positions:
- An assistant post
- Team Leader who will manage a small team
- Management role
With experience, any event organiser will be able to take up more responsibility for larger events, which are more complex and will involve higher profile clients with bigger budgets.
Career progress for Conference Organiser Jobs can be achieved by moving to a larger company or setting-up as a freelance event management consultant. If you can build a good and strong network of contacts it will be of great value and it will help you grow popular and make yourself known in the market as an event organiser.
Listed below are some typical work activities on the role of an event organiser, depending on the organisation and the type of event involved:
- Research the market to identify opportunities for event organising;
- Liaising with clients to ascertain their requirements for events;
- Producing well detailed proposals for events (time frames, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, insurance, staffing, budgets etc.);
- Preparing and agreeing to a budget proposal;
- Identifying and booking a suitable venue for the event;
- Considering eco-friendly features according to the requirements of the client;
- Ensuring that legal, health and safety obligations are all given due attention;
- Supervising and coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire;
- Supplying of all AV equipment;
- Ensuring facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and media;
- Identifying and inviting speakers and/or special guests as per requirement of the client;
- Planning room layouts, entertainment programs, workshop schedules, demonstrations, tours and recreation;
- Coordinating staffing requirement and staff briefings;
- Making available all the required stationery for the event;
- Making necessary arrangements if accommodation is required;
- Liaising with marketing colleagues to promote the event;
- If the event is an exhibition – selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors and/or partners.
- Coordinating and liaising with clients and designers to name the event and handle the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures.
These are some of the typical duties that are required for a Conference Organiser Job. It always varies depending on the type of client, type of event and various other factors. However, it is a challenging, exciting and interesting field to work in.