14th May 2009
Commercial Opportunities from the Olympics in London
Coolconf, taking place from 2nd to 3rd June 2009 at the O2 will benefit from a host of high profile speakers offering members of the event industry advice on how to achieve commercial success from the Olympic Games in 2012. There will be an exhibition and networking opportunities in addition to the speaker sessions and workshops.
Session topics and speakers include:
· Lessons Learnt from the Commonwealth Games in Manchester 2002 - Andrew Stokes, Chief Executive, Marketing Manchester.
· London 2012 – Is your Business Ready to Compete? - Mike Mulvey, Chief Executive, London Business Network.
· Where and How to Identify Business Opportunities - Andrew Ghijben, Senior Partnership Manager, Business Link in London.
· The Importance and Benefits of Signing up to ‘The Olympic Fair Pricing Charter’. - Tracy Halliwell Visit London.
· The Art of Successful Bid Writing & Tendering. – tbc
· So you want to be Sustainable, but don’t know what it looks like in Practice? - Alex Lepingwell, The Sustainable Events Group.
· How to become Part of the Olympic Supply Chain. - Mike Mulvey, Chief Executive, London Business Network
· Key Strategic Priorities to Consider when Attracting and Retaining the Right People. - Holly Rawlings, Springboard UK & Pauline Brown, HR Specialist, Engaging Talent.
· London’s Role and Opportunities. - David Hornby, Commercial Director, Visit London.
· Britain’s Role and Opportunities. - VisitBritain.
· Life on the Big Screen - Opportunities for London and the Regions. - tbc
· Business Case Studies. - Lisa Pennington, Managing Director, Definitive Events & Andrew Coupe, Managing Director, Portland Spa.
· Sponsorship Panel. - Sally Atkins, London 2012 Programme Manager Deloitte & Malcolm Plows, Venue Operations Director, Coca-Cola, London 2012 Project.
· Identifying, Approaching & Pitching to Sponsors & Agents. - Nick Rusling, Managing Director, IMG Mass Participation Sport
· Holland Branding: The Olympic Games 2008 and 2012. – Mr. H. van Driem, Managing Director, Holland Business Promotion Office
· 'Raising Finance - how to get your Bank to say Yes!' Martin Bumpus, Senior Manager, Lloyds TSB
· The Benefits of Getting Graded and Becoming Accessible. - Provided by Jackie Ellis, Live Tourism.
· Taking Creativity Seriously Richard Limb, - President, National Outdoor Events Association
· The Olympics Act – What does this mean for SMEs? - David Powell, Brand Protection Lawyer, LOCOG
The latest agenda is available on www.coolconf.com
The event is being organised by R3 events and tickets are available at a cost of £295 for one day or £450 for two. Online registration is available via www.coolconf.com
The event is sponsored by Business Week, Visit London and Visit Britain.
Event partners are:
· Venue Partner: indigO2
· Catering Partner: Create
· AV Partner: Purple Audio
· PR Partner: Soaring PR
· Luxury transport provider: Club Class Bus
· Ethical Water Provider: Life Pure Water
· Webcast Partner: Groovy Gecko
· Quiz Partners: QuizQuizQuiz
· BAF graphics ltd
· Create (food and party design)
· Purple Audio
· Kaotic Event Productions