04th May 2010
Liability Insurance Events Cover Will Protect Your Event
Your liability events insurance protects your business against claims for loss or damage by a client or a third party if you have made mistakes or are found to have been negligent in some or all of the services that you provide for them.
Your liability events insurance protects your business against claims for loss or damage by a client or a third party if you have made mistakes or are found to have been negligent in some or all of the services that you provide for them. One important aspect to bear in mind when considering this type of insurance is that the cover is usually on a claims-made basis. The best way to minimise such claims is to make sure that all your projects are well documented. With today’s growing compensation culture, this cover is probably the most appropriate and cost effective cover that you may need. It can help pay the legal costs and compensation arising from any negligence claims made by clients against you.
• You must always ensure that you set out specific responsibilities in your liability events insurance contracts with clients beforehand and deal with any complaints promptly. As this is a specialist type of insurance you should take advice from a suitably experienced insurance broker. You can literally get the cover, download and display your policy document in minutes at any time of during the day.
• Many consultants, advertising and PR agencies, and designers also choose to have a special type of insurance. Your policy may include adverse weather - for any part of your event in the open or in a marquee, loss of or damage to the venue's buildings, fixtures, fittings and machinery and Teleconferencing - available for interruption to picture, audio or data image communication links.
• If you plan to cancel your liability insurance policy when you close your business or retire, you may need to arrange 'run-off' cover for a period of time afterwards. The specialist insurers can provide cover for single or one-off events or if you are an event organiser, for multiple events on an annual policy. Most insurance advisors are friendly, helpful and well experienced in all aspects of insurance for business and property. They offer excellent customer service, timely quoting, and placement of coverage for difficult risks, as well as those requiring quick turn-around.
• This policy is essential for anyone who provides advice, design work or any other professional service. If your event is cancelled due to something beyond your control, then this cover will pay you for your loss of net profit or your irrecoverable expenses, up to the limit that you choose.
• This insurance cover is usually hassle free, secure and easy, with no lengthy forms to fill in. There are a large number of comprehensive insurance programs on offer for the entertainment clients developed from the experience professionals by decades of work in this field.
Your liability events insurance is ideal for any loss of or damage to your property (or property you are responsible for) either at or traveling to and from your event, non-appearance of key people such as key speakers, celebrities or entertainers. It covers anything from outdoor functions to indoor concerts, cancellation or abandonment of your event, property damage and legal liability.