18th January 2010
A suitable credit card processing terminal is an indispensable piece of equipment for a small business which involves credit cards transactions. However, you should not make a choice blindly when it comes to purchasing or leasing a card terminal. The models are different, with different sets of features and applications, which are meant to meet the requirements of different types of business. What is quite acceptable for a static business can be absolutely unsuitable for the “on the go” kind of sales. And the terminals which are highly beneficial for mobile business can be pretty useless for online payment operations. That is why you should learn the subject before making up your mind: a proper credit card processing terminal can turn out to be the best investment you have ever had in the course of running your business.
The important points you have to pay attention to include the following ones:
● It's necessary to choose the type of credit card processing which is the most suitable for your needs. Usually they distinguish three main types of transaction conducting: online processing, point of sale processing and mobile one.
● Consider the options and rates a merchant account processing company offers you. Make sure it will be possible to change your merchant account in case you are dissatisfied with provided services.
● Explore the possibilities of a swiping option in a credit card processing terminal you are going to choose. Is it possible to only for a salesman to swipe the cards, or the customers can do that without handing a card to somebody else? Remember that user friendly devices are more popular among the clients.
● Pay attention to the encryption software. Is it possible to update it? This kind of software has to be updated regularly in order to protect your customers' credit card information.
● Find out about additional features of your terminal. Some of them will help you to boost the sales in a way you never considered before. One of such features is a “store and forward” option in a mobile credit card processing terminal.
You can get a terminal as a main processing device for your company, or just for a back up when unpredictable circumstances prevent your main credit card machine from functioning. It is always nice to have wireless processing machine, as you will not be dependent on electricity and length of a cord. Moreover, with a device like this there is no need to rent an additional phone line and get into unnecessary expenses. All of us try to be as wireless as possible nowadays, and it is not without a reason. Mobility is a precious option not only regarding personal conveniences, but for business opportunities as well. With a mobile credit card processing terminal it is possible to arrange the sales in the most remote places if you feel it is potentially profitable for your company.
The opportunities are countless with a cost effective and time saving kind of cards processing device, and it makes the payment transactions so easy and safe as they have never been before.